Sunday 28 July 2013

Kate Spade New York: Things We Love

After a recommendation from A Beautiful Mess, I ordered the book Kate Spade New York: Things We Love from the library. I waited a long time for it even though there weren't that many requests. But the second I held its golden pages in my hands, I understood why. The is the kind of book you hang on to past the due date. The kind of book you want to own. 

The designers behind Kate Spade had a secret part of the website before anything like Pinterest existed, where they collected images that inspired them - a glamorous photo, a restaurant match book, someone's business card, a flea market find. Eventually, they put this book together. Every few pages there is a new chapter based on a theme that they love like the colour red, cocktails, a well placed bow, summer etc. Beautiful photos, quotes and mementos illustrate the theme. 

If you're looking for a well of inspiration, order this book and get thee to the library! 














(all photos are by me. the water pics are not apart of the book!)

No comments:

Post a Comment